Piece Of Heaven | International Forum for AOA -> [SUGG] About this forum...

Welcome to POH!

Home Rules Calendar Twitter HeavenlySubs Affiliates

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

[SUGG] About this forum...
taetiseo
 Posted: Aug 29 2013, 10:16 PM

♡月亮
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 555

I've been thinking...

Wouldn't InvisionPower be a better place for this forum?
I mean, it's more organized and no ads.
Of course, the thing is that we need to pay for a forum there...

Maybe when this forum'll be alive and kicking, we'll raise a donation, and if possible, move there?

This is just a suggestion though. Which means, my own thoughts only. c:

Any feedback? ;;

user posted image
new to aoa? here's their discography: click!
PM
^
speedthief
 Posted: Aug 29 2013, 10:43 PM

Group Icon

Group: Elvis
Member No.: 556

Yes I actually wanted that! I'm already in KPOP forums using that platform and I loved it! I'll go for it!

PMWebsiteMSN
^
nic.nicholas
 Posted: Aug 30 2013, 12:51 AM

I'm back~~~~
Group Icon

Member No.: 136

hmm so currently is this forum hosted by another platform or are we using a free version on InvisionPower? Cause i clicked on the link all the way at the end of the page of this forum and it led me to InvisionPower's website so i'm kinda confused here haha O.O

haha but yea i guess the first thing that we have to do is to get more active online users who are willing to contribute (no matter how little) to pay for the new platform :X

user posted image
First encounter with the angels - 24/05/2013 #MusicMatters2013
Second encounter with the angels - 15/11/2013 #Sundown Festival Fanmeet 2013
Third encounter with the angels - 16/11/2013 #Sundown Festival 2013

ELVIS, Pink Panda
PM
^
taetiseo
 Posted: Aug 30 2013, 08:04 AM

♡月亮
Group Icon

Member No.: 555

Yes, this forum is powered by the Invision Power but hosted on jcink.com, which is free and contain ads.

I think this forum really has the potential to be famous… http://i.imgur.com/JkC19.gif

user posted image
new to aoa? here's their discography: click!
PM
^
nic.nicholas
 Posted: Aug 31 2013, 01:43 AM

I'm back~~~~
Group Icon

QUOTE (taetiseo @ Aug 30 2013, 07:04 AM)
Yes, this forum is powered by the Invision Power but hosted on jcink.com, which is free and contain ads.

I think this forum really has the potential to be famous… http://i.imgur.com/JkC19.gif

Ah.. icic now i get it haha

Yea same here... Afterall, this forum is the first result that shows if someone tried to google 'aoa international forum' LOL =X at least we are getting new members every now and then so thats a start i guess? =X

user posted image

ELVIS, Pink Panda
PM
^
SongSubin
 Posted: Oct 23 2013, 12:42 AM

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 582

I would really appreciate this site more if it weren't hosted by anyone else. I am a member of Soshified and I just have to say... That site is a thousand times more navigable than this one http://i.imgur.com/JkC19.gif I have a really hard time finding things here, the messaging system is confusing, and... Well, it's just confusing in general >.<

Important things to think about:

1) The monthly price of InvisionPower depends on the size/popularity of the site
2) How would people willing to donate do so? Would we use Paypal? If so, we need someone to set that up

I have a few ideas:

1) We should reward donors with something, so that they will want to donate more. Perhaps special privileges?
2) We should open up an Angels Shop! We could sell AOA products like shirts, scarfs, hats, hoodies, necklaces, socks, bracelets, etc. The thing about this is that we would have to receive a decent amount of orders and decent prices, because half of the income would have to go to paying for the supplies xD Still, my mom and I were discussing opening a small Kpop clothing shop online because there are a lot of deprived fans, so maybe we could work to make some AOA products? ^.^

I am willing to donate, but we will need a lot more pledges to start a true fan forum. I think that Piece of Heaven could be the next Soshified, if we work towards it! http://i.imgur.com/aaxpf.gif
PM
^
nic.nicholas
 Posted: Oct 23 2013, 01:58 AM

I'm back~~~~
Group Icon

QUOTE (SongSubin @ Oct 22 2013, 11:42 PM)
I would really appreciate this site more if it weren't hosted by anyone else. I am a member of Soshified and I just have to say... That site is a thousand times more navigable than this one http://i.imgur.com/JkC19.gif I have a really hard time finding things here, the messaging system is confusing, and... Well, it's just confusing in general >.<

Important things to think about:

1) The monthly price of InvisionPower depends on the size/popularity of the site
2) How would people willing to donate do so? Would we use Paypal? If so, we need someone to set that up

I have a few ideas:

1) We should reward donors with something, so that they will want to donate more. Perhaps special privileges?
2) We should open up an Angels Shop! We could sell AOA products like shirts, scarfs, hats, hoodies, necklaces, socks, bracelets, etc. The thing about this is that we would have to receive a decent amount of orders and decent prices, because half of the income would have to go to paying for the supplies xD Still, my mom and I were discussing opening a small Kpop clothing shop online because there are a lot of deprived fans, so maybe we could work to make some AOA products? ^.^

I am willing to donate, but we will need a lot more pledges to start a true fan forum. I think that Piece of Heaven could be the next Soshified, if we work towards it! http://i.imgur.com/aaxpf.gif

This is my own opinion but I yeah i think we definitely have to give special privileges/ incentives to the doners cause they are the ones keeping the site up and running if we were to host the site ourselves. As for the Angels shop, i think it's an interesting idea and like you said, it would only be feasible if we have a decent amount of orders. In fact, we would need a lot of orders. http://i.imgur.com/vlTYy.gif

If one day, we became as big as ssf, then we can also collaborate with kpop distribution sites like YesAsia whereby we would get a bit of commission for every cd purchased or something like that (ssf has that now and they get a 6% commission whenever someone makes a purchase via they link that they provided)

Off topic: there is one thing i'm curious about though, I've seen people selling fan made products like unofficial photobooks, dvds, calendars (and most of the unofficial goods are really well done btw) etc but won't they get into trouble with the entertainment companies as they are basically infringing copyrights of the company (as they are using the images/logos/materials to make a profit without the consent of the entertainment company).

user posted image

ELVIS, Pink Panda
PM
^
SongSubin
 Posted: Oct 23 2013, 02:04 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 582

QUOTE (nic.nicholas @ Oct 22 2013, 09:58 AM)

Off topic: there is one thing i'm curious about though, I've seen people selling fan made products like unofficial photobooks, dvds, calendars (and most of the unofficial goods are really well done btw) etc but won't they get into trouble with the entertainment companies as they are basically infringing copyrights of the company (as they are using the images/logos/materials to make a profit without the consent of the entertainment company).

Well, the profit would be going to keeping the group's fansite running. As long as no personal profit is made, it is completely legal ^.^
PM
^
flamestalker
 Posted: Mar 1 2014, 07:35 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 637

May I suggest collaborating with other AOA fansites/clubs/forums to join together as one? It may help pool together all the members, especially for groups that don't have quite as large a fan base yet.
PM
^
nic.nicholas
 Posted: Mar 2 2014, 05:44 PM

I'm back~~~~
Group Icon

QUOTE (flamestalker @ Mar 1 2014, 06:35 PM)
May I suggest collaborating with other AOA fansites/clubs/forums to join together as one? It may help pool together all the members, especially for groups that don't have quite as large a fan base yet.

Hihi, yea that's a really good idea haha http://i.imgur.com/aaxpf.gif and i do notice that there are many different AOA fansites/news sites around (such as AOA singapore, AOA brazil, Mina international etc). It would be great if everyone is able to join up but currently this forum is only maintained by fAteXfAith, taetiseo, auclaire and i though =X we have no idea where the admins are currently lol

user posted image

ELVIS, Pink Panda
PM
^
winterdream
 Posted: Mar 6 2014, 04:00 PM

Solid on the Ground
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

This is actually something I have thought about and a great idea.
The only thing is I'm not a good admin. I wanted to be more active but life is too busy for me. I think I should look for someone who would be willing and dedicated to take this over.

user posted image
Just thinking has my heart thumping~❥
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Help Desk | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Invision Power Board (Jcink.com Forum Hosting) © 2017  IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0360 · Mobile Version